Regulatory and compliance expectations have rapidly evolved while at the same time we are facing increasing focus from hackers and others with malicious intent. It can be difficult for agencies to keep pace to remain secure and compliant.
In this webinar, TECH LOCK cybersecurity expert Mike Wright will address common pitfalls as well as best practices every agency should consider including:
- Take data security and compliance into account when making technology and/or business process changes. Examples include moving “to the cloud” and switching from traditional telephony to Voice over IP.
- Incorporate data security processes into “business as usual” instead of focusing on this issue only during annual audit.
- Ensure appropriate access control. This has been an issue for ages which also exacerbates ransomware attacks.
- Create IT policies with authority that are enforced in daily business operations. You likely have policies but too often they are just documents that were created to satisfy audit requirements but nobody knows about or reads.
- Conduct appropriate oversight and vetting for third party vendors and service providers.
- Validate cybersecurity with independent audits and independent penetration tests. You can’t know if you are secure if you don’t test the system.
Register to view and to learn more about steps your organization should take to improve your security posture.